CORN COB GRIT
- Non-toxic blast cleaning media-causes no health or environmental hazards, Dust-free Corn Cob Products - Aspirated, Biodegradable, Incineratable, Long-lasting, Re-usable, Reduces cost of finishing operations, Preserves micro finishes.
Vibratory Finishing, Tumbling and Grit Blasting As a Media
- Vibratory finishing and tumbling are mass finishing processes where the abrasive and absorbent characteristics are generally both desirable.
- Corncob grit polishes and deburs parts and at the same time cleans and dries parts.
- Oils and other liquids from wet mass finishing processes are absorbed.
- Grade selection is typically based upon the finished surface profile desired and the diameter of any holes or cavities in the part. The selected grade should not contain particles that would lodge in part openings.
- Grit blasting with Corncob Grit is accomplished with the same equipment as used for sand blasting. Because Corncob Grit is considerably less aggressive than sand, it is categorized as a "soft abrasive".
- Corncob Grit does not etch glass or foul bearings and is frequently used to clean electric motors and machinery with hydraulic cylinders. Other applications include smoke damage and residue clean-up, mold cleaning, plant maintenance, and loose and flaking paint removal. It is ideal for wood, aluminum and fiberglass substrates.
- Corncob Grit is a natural blasting / finishing media. Each job is a different challenge and needs to be dealt with differently to achieve the desired result.
- We strongly recommend testing a couple of grades to determine which offers the best performance.
Feed Additives, Insecticide and Fertilizer As a Carrier
- Corncob particles are highly absorptive. That characteristic combined with the all-natural, inert, biodegradable and free-flowing attributes makes corncob particles an ideal carrier for feed additives and the active ingredients of insecticides and fertilizers.
Grease & Oil, Liquids, Hazardous Wastes, Socks As a Absorbent
- Typical applications include absorbing water, oil-based liquids, hazardous waste clean-up and absorbent socks for plant maintenance applications.
- Corncob Grit is an excellent Abrasive & Absorbent Media suitable for use in Polishing, Drying, soft De-burring, De-flashing and Blast cleaning of Engineering, Metal & Plastic components/parts.
- It is completely biodegradable and does not stick to the components while being used for removal of Moisture, Oil & Grease, imparting Surface finish, Luster/Gloss & soft De-burring of components.
- It is suitable for use in Tumbling Barrels/Drums, Vibro Finishing M/c, Centrifugal M/c, Rotary Drum Dryers, Sand Blasting M/c, etc.
- Corncob Grit is highly versatile product with diverse application. It is available in several grades of uniform particle sizes designed to suit end-use requirements.
- Corncob Grit can also be supplied with special chemical coating for enhanced quality of finish and also for enhanced life of the media.
- It cleans, polishes and dries and does not sticks to surface while polishing, Holding up to four times its weight in fluid, An economical carrier for animal feed premixes,An excellent chemical carrier